Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Presidentinsertname

Maxine waters 2020?

37 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

I learned civics at my school. I don't know if it's because we never adopted Common Core or something else, but Virginia education is very good and is typically ranked very high in national education studies. 

Bruce and I do well too. Except here in Private school we don't have to bow down to the government, though CC is being introduced in my younger sister's school.

15 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Bruce and I do well too. Except here in Private school we don't have to bow down to the government, though CC is being introduced in my younger sister's school.

Except many unregulated religious private schools are creating whole graduating classes of students who utterly lack a number of crucial the prerequisites demanded by many high-echelon universities for many courses for cutting edge careers. I imagine parents are going to be sued by their children over school choices the children had no power in in a fair number of instances down the line...

Just now, Patine said:

Except many unregulated religious private schools are creating whole graduating classes of students who utterly lack a number of crucial the prerequisites demanded by many high-echelon universities for many courses for cutting edge careers. I imagine parents are going to be sued by their children over school choices the children had no power in in a fair number of instances down the line...

I completely disagree, religious private schools are the last bastions of the marketplace of thought and writing. 

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

I completely disagree, religious private schools are the last bastions of the marketplace of thought and writing. 

I'm referring to practical and theoretical sciences as accepted by the universities and course I'm referring to, non-theologically-dictated social studies, and creative and artistic studies outside traditionally Christian World forms...

Just now, Patine said:

I'm referring to practical and theoretical sciences as accepted by the universities and course I'm referring to, non-theologically-dictated social studies, and creative and artistic studies outside traditionally Christian World forms...

Actually, I can tell that you didn't go to a religious institution, or at least haven't attended a modern American one, Social Studies are completely non-theological, debate is open of course, so god may be invoked, though the books never reference the Almighty in but a quote of a devout figure such as Old Abe when he said, "Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right."  And besides that, art and music are non-religiously influenced, even science is separated, I do not know to which schools you refer, but perhaps they were from the Scopes v. Monkey Era. And please, stop ending your points with ellipses to make them sound condescending. 

8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

However, the fact is, in the end, if American public schools had the funding and management of Canadian public schools (that is, from governments that actually GAVE A DAMN about the schools they ran), this probably wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

However, the fact is, in the end, if American public schools had the funding and management of Canadian public schools (that is, from governments that actually GAVE A DAMN about the schools they ran), this probably wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

I disagree, I think it isn't funding at all, it is the pervasive culture of political correctness. And I see you slyly dodging that last post.:P

Just now, Reagan04 said:

I disagree, I think it isn't funding at all, it is the pervasive culture of political correctness. And I see you slyly dodging that last post.:P

Blaming it all on political correctness? I'm disappointed. I was hoping you wouldn't default to that old lazy Conservative saw. :rolleyes:

Just now, Patine said:

Blaming it all on political correctness? I'm disappointed. I was hoping you wouldn't default to that old lazy Conservative saw. :rolleyes:

Well, that actually is a fair point, the decline of public schooling overall isn't political correctness' fault, that is very true. However, the downfall of the market of ideas and free speech and the like, is. This contributes to the lack of writing and thinking skills because teachers are less likely to raise controversial topics and challenge kids to put on their debating and thinking caps. Also, funding doesn;t fix anything, just look at California.

3 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

And, I do admit, my knowledge of U.S. private schools were from a 25-year old woman from Kentucky (7 years since graduation) who resented having to attend it, so yes, the bias of my information is likely negative and possibly dated. You've caught me there.

Just now, Patine said:

And, I do admit, my knowledge of U.S. private schools were from a 25-year old woman from Kentucky (7 years since graduation) who resented having to attend it, so yes, the bias of my information is likely negative and possibly dated. You've caught me there.

Quite alright, as a man on the inside, I'd let you know if anything were up :P

I just graduated from high school at a public school in Kentucky.  I can guarantee that there wasn't any bias towards Conservatives.  In Fact, the book we used was biased towards the left once we got to the Reagan years.

Thankfully, the New Republican Majority in the State House allowed a bill to be passed requiring students to pass a civics exam before they graduate.