Reagan04

20(4?) years of Chafing

173 posts in this topic

So, I figured I'd get in on the action of zany playthroughs and try to unseat President Bush in 2004, then we re-election in 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2020, maybe 2024 if there is a scenario. With Guess who? Lincoln Chafee.

This sounds great. I thought you meant 204 at first and was preparing for Lincoln Chafee running in every election, ever.

13 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

This sounds great. I thought you meant 204 at first and was preparing for Lincoln Chafee running in every election, ever.

Same :P

Hello and welcome to Fox News Election Coverage, we have a breaking announcement. Rhode Island Republican Senator Lincoln Chafee has announced his bid to challenge President Bush. Senator Chafee is currently far behind in National polling but having done some pre-announcement work in Iowa has severely diminished the President's lead though it still being Sizeable, the latest poll showing a 60-23 percent gap. The Senator does currently lead the President in his home State of Rhode Island by 13 points. Fox does not see the Senator winning the nomination, though, anything is possible. Stay tuned.

GOP DEBATE SUPRISE! BUSH FEELS THE CHAFE!

In a terrible turn of events for President Bush, Chafee absolutely vanquishes in the First Debate. (15 for Chafee, -3 for Bush) The Senator remained completely calm and cool while the President began talking about the war in Iran(?????????!!!!!) Only to have Chafee very effectively and articulately correct him on his own war. Needless to say, the President is losing some momentum here. We've already seen Senator Chafee shoot up to 27% in IA, but does he have enough time to win?

BUSH PLAYS INTO CHAFEE'S HANDS!

Keeping with the general theme of incompetence projected by the Chafee team, President Bush performed terribly in yet another debate (-7!). Again Chafee remaining a very strong debater (13) played into the Central theme that the President is not a true leader and compromiser, not only that, but he is completely inept for the job. Senator Chafee has bounced up to 37% in IA with the President remaining in the mid-50s consistently. If this trend continues, Chafee may yet win the nomination, though it is a long shot.

Any week, another Debate, another 5 points

This has become the routine it appears, President Bush again having over have of his statements be gaffes at a debate. This time saying that George Washington was the 3rd President and that we need to put up a Border Wall with China! (15, -4) With only 60 days to go until Iowa, this can't be going well in the Bush camp. The latest numbers out of the Hawkeye State shows President Bush leading just 59-41. The Chafee campaign has ramped up support and is going in for the final 60 days without elections at full strength!

(I started this campaign thinking it was a loser, I have come to find, I may actually serve the full amount of terms I want!:D)

Just to prove my mettle I tried having Lincoln Chafee run in 1788.

Screenshot 2017-05-07 12.14.28.png

I came third place in the popular vote but failed to get a single electoral vote. But we can all blame it on voter fraud because almost every state had a turnout of over 300%.

Screenshot 2017-05-07 12.18.06.png

@SirLagsalott Makes sense.

Send us some maps of your quest too :)

6 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Send us some maps of your quest too :)

Yes I will, it isnt very interesting right now, its all red!:P

The year is now 2004, and a lot has changed since last year at this time. Let's see some maps: 

That is the GOP primary field currently, states are swinging wildly as Senator Chafee scrambles for Iowa as his main target.

20041.PNG

Election Night in Iowa

Hello and welcome to the Data Desk. I'm Brett Bear. It is decision time in Iowa and the Eastern part of the State is now coming in. We are seeing a large influx of votes for Rhode Island Senator Lincoln Chafee as the urban and more educated voters come in. He also seems to have an edge in the suburbs though is running dangerously behind President Bush in rural communities. 

---- 10 PM ----

As election Night drags on Bush has taken the lead as Western Iowa seems to be coming in now, however, Chafee strongholds Johnson and Polk Counties have delayed and stopped their counts at about 14% reporting, this could be crucial to President Bush's lead.

---- 11 PM ----

As the final rounds in Western Iowa finish, President Bush appears to be up 6 points, Johnson and Polk have fixed their reports and are now both about 25%, the remaining 75% could, however, push Senator Chafee over the top.

---- 12 AM ----

We have a guest to discuss the nail-biter in Iowa, John Lagsalot, John? Well, Iowa was long territory of President Bush, but a series of terrible debates culminating in the worst at Dubuque University (15, -9 EEK) Iowa went 50/50, that could be the key the educated vote being so strongly for Chafee. Thanks, that is interesting we see Johnson and Polk at about 94 and 91 respectively. President Bush holds on to a lead that is a mere 4,000 votes strong, will this last?

---- 1 AM ----

Fox can finally make a call with 100% in, Iowa will go to Lincoln Chafee! The Senator won by a mere 2,000 votes, carried mostly by College-Educated folks. In other news, Howard Dean wins the Democratic Iowa Caucus. Let's throw up the chart onto the wall. There we see all the counties in Iowa and how they voted, Blue for Bush, yellow for Chafee. Thanks, Y'all, I'm Brett Bear with Fox News.

IA2004Chafe.PNG

IAbycounty.PNG

IA Aftermath

Good Morning it is January 20th and in exactly 1 year, we will we have a new President, who that is is yet to be known. But last night can tell us a lot. In Iowa it was a nailbiter for the GOP, Senator Lincoln Chafee winning by 2,000 votes. Over on the Democratic side, not so much, Governor Howard Dean winning by 4 points and 17,000 votes. Let's take a look at the new projections for the Republican side after that race. Many believe it catapulted Chafee into a real spot for a win. He has lessened the lead that President bush has on him nationally down from a former 85 points, to 21 points. While still then underdog he is now projected to win 700 delegates and counting!

Chafe2.PNG

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

IA Aftermath

Good Morning it is January 20th and in exactly 1 year, we will we have a new President, who that is is yet to be known. But last night can tell us a lot. In Iowa it was a nailbiter for the GOP, Senator Lincoln Chafee winning by 2,000 votes. Over on the Democratic side, not so much, Governor Howard Dean winning by 4 points and 17,000 votes. Let's take a look at the new projections for the Republican side after that race. Many believe it catapulted Chafee into a real spot for a win. He has lessened the lead that President bush has on him nationally down from a former 85 points, to 21 points. While still then underdog he is now projected to win 700 delegates and counting!

Chafe2.PNG

when are the next primaries?

1 minute ago, republicaninnyc said:

when are the next primaries?

New Hampshire in 6 days. I am focusing on that, I might be able to pull it off.

Also, @republicaninnyc did you like the way I did Iowa with that detail or was it too much?

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Also, @republicaninnyc did you like the way I did Iowa with that detail or was it too much?

I liked it.I don't think it was too much given the importance of Iowa in the primaries.

New Hampshire Election Night

Welcome, it is 7 PM and I am your host Brett Bear. The polls have just closed and we have begun to receive some results from Urban Strafford County where Lincoln Chafee leads the President bush has polled to be in the lead here but everything could change here.

---- 8 PM ----

The Rural and Suburban counties surrounding Strafford are coming in and we are seeing some rather Pro-Bush numbers. Bush it up with about 61% of the vote, however the College Counties in Western New Hampshire have not reported and almost all of the Suburban counties are done. However, the northern and very Rural Coos County is also not yet in, this could get very close.

---- 9 PM ----

We have some important numbers here, with almost all counties reporting we can call the State of New Hampshire, for President Bush! He has carried the Suburban vote decisively and that won the state for him as you see the clear county divide. The President won by 20,000 votes with 53%. This is an important bellwether for the Chafee campaign, they'll need to be much more careful in order to defeat and incumbent. This brings the President to a 33-31 delegate lead.

NH2004Chafe.PNG

NH2004Chafe.PNG

NH AFTERMATH

Good morning yall! It is January 28th and I'm here to give you a rundown of the State of the race. In the Republican side, the New Hampshire primary has ended our virtual peacetime, w are now down to a war. This a primary battle at its bloodiest, expect to see that in the February 1st Debate. With President Bush walking away from the victor it highlights the incumbent advantage he has, don't forget he is projected 1,470 delegates. On the other hand, Senator Chafee is doing extraordinarily well against an incumbent, if you remember back to 1992, Pat Buchanan fell flat on his face challenging a different President Bush. Any way you slice it, Chafee is winning when factoring in the circumstances, though circumstances don't win nominations, numbers do. On the Democratic side, New Hampshire has arguably put the last nail in the coffin for General Wesley Clark, he was projected to win and fell 3rd, losing his final stronghold in Arkansas along the way, currently, no frontrunner is apparent for the Democrats. Though John Edwards is the leader in both Delegates and Votes. 

Chafe3.PNG

Election Night: ND,OK,MO

It is 7 PM and I'm your host Brett Bear, polls have just closed in the crucial states of Missouri and Oklahoma. Later on tonight at 9 the key state of North Dakota will also have results. But for now, we focus on MO and OK. Results are coming in from St. Louis and are looking pretty good for Chafee, but we'll have to see if the farmers of the State can say the same or if they cast their ballot for Bush.

---- 8 PM ----

Welcome back and Missouri is now 46% reporting Lincoln Chafee holding a steady lead in both the Urban and Suburban areas while the President seems to have a slight edge in farm country, though it may not be enough. The same is happening in Oklahoma which is 24% reporting and 84% for Chafee as the Moderate stronghold in the Southeast is reporting in currently, we expect a tightening by the time the Evangelical panhandle comes in.

---- 9 PM ----

It is now 9 PM and polls have closed in North Dakota, again Chafee bursts out with a lead by capitalizing on above all else the Native American vote! He is not expected to win, though he is running up minority numbers in Eastern ND. In other news, we can now call Missouri for Lincoln Chafee, winning by a sizeable margin, he brought together the Suburban, Urban, and split the Rural vote, delivering him a decisive victory and 57 delegates. As for Oklahoma, the two candidates are within .4% of each other with only the Northeast to go, a notably split region, this race will go later into the night.

---- 11 PM ----

It is 11 PM and we can finally make a call, North Dakota will be won by the incumbent President GW Bush. He won with sizeable support from Small Towns in Western ND. pulling a hefty margin. Down South in Oklahoma, Delaware, Ottowa, Mayes, and Craig counties are the remaining contests seemingly giving a 2 point edge to Senator Chafee, though Fox would like to verify before a call.

---- 12 AM ----

We can finally make the Oklahoma call for Senator Chafee, this brings the state of the Race to 139 delegates fro Chafee and 49 for Bush!

MObycounty.PNG

OKbycounty.PNG

NDbycounty.PNG

MO2004Chafe.PNG

ND2004Chafe.PNG

OK2004Chafe.PNG

35 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Election Night: ND,OK,MO

It is 7 PM and I'm your host Brett Bear, polls have just closed in the crucial states of Missouri and Oklahoma. Later on tonight at 9 the key state of North Dakota will also have results. But for now, we focus on MO and OK. Results are coming in from St. Louis and are looking pretty good for Chafee, but we'll have to see if the farmers of the State can say the same or if they cast their ballot for Bush.

---- 8 PM ----

Welcome back and Missouri is now 46% reporting Lincoln Chafee holding a steady lead in both the Urban and Suburban areas while the President seems to have a slight edge in farm country, though it may not be enough. The same is happening in Oklahoma which is 24% reporting and 84% for Chafee as the Moderate stronghold in the Southeast is reporting in currently, we expect a tightening by the time the Evangelical panhandle comes in.

---- 9 PM ----

It is now 9 PM and polls have closed in North Dakota, again Chafee bursts out with a lead by capitalizing on above all else the Native American vote! He is not expected to win, though he is running up minority numbers in Eastern ND. In other news, we can now call Missouri for Lincoln Chafee, winning by a sizeable margin, he brought together the Suburban, Urban, and split the Rural vote, delivering him a decisive victory and 57 delegates. As for Oklahoma, the two candidates are within .4% of each other with only the Northeast to go, a notably split region, this race will go later into the night.

---- 11 PM ----

It is 11 PM and we can finally make a call, North Dakota will be won by the incumbent President GW Bush. He won with sizeable support from Small Towns in Western ND. pulling a hefty margin. Down South in Oklahoma, Delaware, Ottowa, Mayes, and Craig counties are the remaining contests seemingly giving a 2 point edge to Senator Chafee, though Fox would like to verify before a call.

---- 12 AM ----

We can finally make the Oklahoma call for Senator Chafee, this brings the state of the Race to 139 delegates fro Chafee and 49 for Bush!

MObycounty.PNG

OKbycounty.PNG

NDbycounty.PNG

MO2004Chafe.PNG

ND2004Chafe.PNG

OK2004Chafe.PNG

keep it up

Just now, republicaninnyc said:

keep it up

Thanks, just taking a break and watching some election documentaries for a moment before I keep on and get to the next set of primaries, I'm glad you like the style with commentary, maps, and number graphics!

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Thanks, just taking a break and watching some election documentaries for a moment before I keep on and get to the next set of primaries, I'm glad you like the style with commentary, maps, and number graphics!

I think I may adopt it heading into 2012 for my Mike Huckabee playthrough.Unfortunately I decided this after winning the 2008 elections.