Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LokiLoki22

26 posts in this topic

Could someone find delegate allocation by state for 1988. I can find the dates, but not how much each state was worth.

25 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

Could someone find delegate allocation by state for 1988. I can find the dates, but not how much each state was worth.

I actually remember this election (somewhat). I was 12 years old in 1988, and it was the first US Presidential Election I followed at all. Although I'd likely still have the same preference today, I remember supporting Dukakis and Jackson over Bush and Robertson back then too - but for VERY different reasons. Being a 12-year-old boy with MUCH more limited knowledge of politics, it was the fact that Michael Dukakis had a cool name and Jesse Jackson had a cool way of speaking, while Bush was HORRIBLY, PAINFULLY boring and Robertson was very obviously a moralistic preacher, even to me back then. Oh, how perspectives change as one grows. However, I don't recall any media coverage or even a single MENTION from that time of the Ron Paul vs. Russell Means Libertarian race or even acknowledgement of the existence of the New Alliance Party.

8 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

Yes, but this doesn't show delegate numbers.

For the Democrats, you can download a spreadsheet which has the delegates.

https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metacrs9070/m1/1/high_res_d/88-190GOV_1988Feb29.pdf

The Democratic delegates are a little off, but this is the only resource I could find for the Republican races.

On 5/5/2017 at 10:43 AM, Bruce Fischer said:

How close are you to being done with this? @LokiLoki22

I am in testing rn. Trying to balance it, and adding additional candidates, and VP options (what I have now is a bit skimpy.)

10 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

I am in testing rn. Trying to balance it, and adding additional candidates, and VP options (what I have now is a bit skimpy.)

can i test it for you?

3 hours ago, LokiLoki22 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_vice_presidential_candidate_selection,_1988

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_vice_presidential_candidate_selection,_1988

On 5/14/2017 at 5:19 PM, Presidentinsertname said:

could you add ron paul and russell means? and donald trump ( he was talk about candidate)

I have him as a veep option I think.

1 hour ago, republicaninnyc said:

@LokiLoki22 do you know when this'll be released.

Just now, TheLiberalKitten said:

I look forward to this scenerio as it is one of my favorite elections. Lolol :)

I can put up a trial version, and get feedback as to what I should enhance.

Checking it out now.

Notes: (I know this is an early version, these are just things I noticed and wanted to suggest.)

-This has a lot of leftover elements from a 1992 scenario.

-Harold Stassen is Donald Rumsfeld. A clone.

-Lamar Alexander has Bush's description.

-Sam Nunn has Dukakis' description.

-Jimmy Carter is Jesus Christ himself in this scenario.

-Douglas Wilder was Lt. Gov. at the time and probably would not have sought the Presidency.

-Lloyd Bentson has Dukakis' description and probably shouldn't have stamina 4.

-Andre Marrou is the only Libertarian candidate, needs Ron Paul and Russel Means.

-Marrou's stats need fixing.

-Bush's stats are a little much. Maybe a 3 for charisma?

-Quayle should have less Issue Familiarity and Experience but more Stamina and Charisma.

-Trying to access endorsers causes the message "bitmap size must be equal in copy operation".

-From simulations, results are generally close to reality.

I'll take a more thorough look tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this.

Just now, SirLagsalott said:

Notes: (I know this is an early version, these are just things I noticed and wanted to suggest.)

-This has a lot of leftover elements from a 1992 scenario.

-Harold Stassen is Donald Rumsfeld. A clone.

-Lamar Alexander has Bush's description.

-Sam Nunn has Dukakis' description.

-Jimmy Carter is Jesus Christ himself in this scenario.

-Douglas Wilder was Lt. Gov. at the time and probably would not have sought the Presidency.

-Lloyd Bentson has Dukakis' description and probably shouldn't have stamina 4.

-Andre Marrou is the only Libertarian candidate, needs Ron Paul and Russel Means.

-Marrou's stats need fixing.

-Bush's stats are a little much. Maybe a 3 for charisma?

-Quayle should have less Issue Familiarity but more Stamina and Charisma.

-Trying to access endorsers causes the message "bitmap size must be equal in copy operation".

-From simulations, results are generally close to reality.

I'll take a more thorough look tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this.

I took a rather crappy 1992 scenario as my framework for this.I had to replace all the endorsers (they were from 08).

As far as Endorsers, I have no clue. I put a lot of effort there too.

I copied a lot of the descriptions, and will replace them before release.

Sorry on Jimmy Carter, What I did with him was unrealistic and I know it. I might not change it though.

I'll drop bentson Stamina to three.

The Libertarians are REALLY unfinished. Sorry Libs here, but your party wasn't super important in 1988.

I'll Fix Bush and Potato's stats, but Bush often loses if I do anything to his stats.

23 minutes ago, LokiLoki22 said:

I took a rather crappy 1992 scenario as my framework for this.I had to replace all the endorsers (they were from 08).

As far as Endorsers, I have no clue. I put a lot of effort there too.

I copied a lot of the descriptions, and will replace them before release.

Sorry on Jimmy Carter, What I did with him was unrealistic and I know it. I might not change it though.

I'll drop bentson Stamina to three.

The Libertarians are REALLY unfinished. Sorry Libs here, but your party wasn't super important in 1988.

I'll Fix Bush and Potato's stats, but Bush often loses if I do anything to his stats.

Ah, yes, going from a 1992 scenario as a base was how I did my first ever TheorySpark scenario, a 1996 one (though that was back for the P4E2008 engine), but there were still quite a few things lingering that constantly needed updating and weren't always apparent at first.

Bill Clinton's campaign stats need to be nerfed.

Ron Paul needs to be added considering he was the candidate that was actually nominated.

I would add the New Alliance Party considering it was the first women to receive ballot access in all 50 states.

Bush and Carter should have their leadership reduced.  I would look to the official 1980 campaign for reference.

Reduce Ford's leadership.  I would also reduce his integrity to 2 as it is in the 1980 scenario.

Reduce the campaign stats for Fernandez, Stassen, Lexalt, and Biden.

Add Gephardt, Hart, Babbitt, Traficant, Applegate, Schroder, LaRouche, Duke, and, Martin for the Democrats.

Add Masters for the Republicans.

Percentages need to be improved for the Democrats.

Hawaii should be heavily in favor of Robertson.  Alaska should lean towards Robertson.  Washington should lean towards Robertson.  Dole should have almost all the support from Kansas.  I would use this for reference. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_1988#Results

Ronald Reagan needs to be an endorser.

V 0.1

Nerfed Bill Clinton

Added Ron Paul (Seriously, Why didn't I do this before?)

Bush Leadership 4 -> 3

Laxault fixed slightly.

Altered Republican Percentages.

Fernandez, Stassen, Biden, Nerfed

Fixed Image for Stassen

LT. GOV. Wilder fixed a bit

Potato Issue Familiarity 4 -> 2, Charisma 2 ->3, Stamina 3-> 4

Now working on the train wreak that is the democratic primaries.