Bruce Fischer

Her Highness, Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton, Empress of the United States 2005-2025

115 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Merkel's CDU narrowly won a fourth term (32% and 282 seats to the SPD's 31% and 257 seats); the AfD did better than expected but didn't actually come close to being a serious challenger to Merkel (17% of the vote and 36 seats).

Dutch election happened as it did IRL

The Freedom Party of Austria won 29.7% of the vote in the 2018 election while the Social Democratic Party of Austria netted 29.3%

Theresa May and the Conservatives won the 2017 general election (the snap one May just called for). UKIP collapsed, after their main goal, Brexit is achieved, the public didn't see much of a need to vote for them anymore and went Conservative instead. May won 62% of the vote (454 seats), Corbyn won 19% (121 seats), the Liberal Democrats won 9% (12 seats), the SNP won 6% (62 seats), the Greens won 3% (1 seat), and UKIP won 1% (0 seats).

I LOVE THIS!

Polling Looks Good for Clinton

While she is unpopular, most voters like Madam President better than any of the Republicans. If the election were held today, Hillary Clinton would win 47.8% of the popular vote and 368 electoral votes, while a Republican would win 41% and 170 EVs. The Libertarian party is polling at 5%, but is not polling well in any particular state. The Republican primaries are looking more competitive, as Mr. Cuban has slipped in recent weeks as Sen. Sasse has gained ground; currently, no-one has a majority of delegates, though Mr. Cuban is close.

Quick Note

While I have been editing Hillary Clinton's campaign attributes (because she'd be more powerful as a sitting President than as SoS or Senator or whatever), I've been balancing it out by lowering her integrity rating by 1 and increasing her corruption level by 1 each time she runs for re-election beyond her Constitutionally-allowed 2 terms. So she now has an integrity rating of 1 and a corruption level of 4. (with 1 integrity being the least, and 5 corruption being the worst) I don't want you guys to think I'm purposely editing her attributes in a way that basically guarantees victory, as she's now incredibly open to frequent scandal.

Hogan Makes Gains as Cuban Falters; Clinton Still Odds-On Favorite in General

MD Governor Larry Hogan has gained 1.2% in the past week (12/3/19-12/10/19), jumping from dead last at 9.8% to fourth place at 11%. This translates to a projected delegate count of 172 (5th place out of 7), up by 21 since a week ago. Mark Cuban still leads, with 19.4% of the popular vote and 893 delegates, down 43 from last week. Sen. Ben Sasse is in second, dropping 0.5% to 15.3% and losing an astonishing 223 delegates in 7 days; he is now projected to win 451 delegates. A majority is 1,236 delegates, which no one is remotely close to, if projections hold.

In the general, President Clinton is taking 47.8% of the popular vote and 33 electoral votes, compared to 41.1% of the popular vote and 198 electoral votes for the Republicans and 5% of the popular vote and 0 electoral votes for the Libertarians. Kanye West is getting a measly 0.3% of the popular vote; while pundits originally expected the rapper to be popular among a significant number of young people, this does not seem to be panning out. 5.7% of voters (down 0.6% from last week) and 10 electoral votes are undecided, which leaves plenty of room for a charismatic and popular Republican to close the popular vote gap between Clinton and the generic Republican used in current polling.

(OOC: I'd love to see my Governor go against President Clinton, I actually quite like Hogan, very down-to-earth, pragmatic, and bipartisan, as you pretty much have to be when you're the Republican governor of a state in which Democrats outnumber Republicans 2 to 1)

I remember reading a poll that said Hogan was the most if not one o the most popular governors in the USA

29 minutes ago, Sanser2016 said:

I remember reading a poll that said Hogan was the most if not one o the most popular governors in the USA

Yeah right behind Charlie Baker. IIRC, Baker's at 75% approval and Hogan's at 74%.

Quick comment to @admin_270: In the 2.5.4 beta, there's a bug where everyone always stays in until the convention, and if you try to offer them PIPs they'll always be at a -100% chance of taking it. Just thought I'd let you know, I have a feeling that's why the RNC's been contested in the last 3 elections and will most likely be contested this time too.

Hogan and Cuban Tie in IA

Mr. Mark Cuban has won 26.9% of the popular vote and 8 delegates in the Iowa caucus, while Maryland Governor Larry Hogan has won 26.8% of the vote, also winning 8 delegates.

State of the Race: March 17, 2020

After a dissapointing Super Tuesday, where Mark Cuban won most states, Governor Hogan has surged in recent weeks (aided by mysterious ads against Cuban that definitely aren't paid for by the Clinton campaign), winning the Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio primaries, among others. Hogan has jumped to second place by popular vote and first place in delegates, though he is not currently projected to get a majority.

If the election were held today, 47.7% of voters would choose President Clinton (352 EVs), while 43.1% would choose the Republican (186 EVs). 5.3% would choose a Libertarian, while 0.5% would choose Kanye West, and 3.6% are still undecided.

2020 RNC Will Be Fourth Consecutive Contested Convention for Republicans

After the Acela primaries, none of the Republican candidates can make it to 1,236, as there are 502 delegates remaining. Governor Hogan has 544 delegates currently, while Mark Cuban has 493 and Greg Abbott has 411. These are the only three who seem to have a shot at the presidency, though a contested convention could choose anyone...

Austin Petersen Nominated by Libertarians

40 year old Austin Petersen has been nominated by the Republican party to be their candidate for President of the United States. He chose 39 year old Adam Kokesh. Due to the youth of this ticket, it may have appeal with younger voters; currently they're pulling 5.6% of the national popular vote.

Republican Primaries Finish

Governor Larry Hogan won both a plurality of the delegates and of the popular vote, with 709 delegates and 19.4% of the vote (12,741,721)

Mark Cuban is in second place as far as delegates go (532), and third place in the popular vote (17.4%, or 11,438,704 votes)

Gov. Greg Abbott is in third place with regard to delegates (447), and fourth in the popular vote (16.2%, or 10,649,641 votes)

Sen. Ben Sasse may be in second place as far as popular vote goes following his staggering upset victory in the California primary (he gained 21 points in a week) with 18.3% of the vote and 12,042,088 votes, he's in a measly fourth place at 402 delegates.

Ted Cruz (162 delegates), Charlie Baker (123) probably won't survive a contested convention. Tom Cotton (96), in last place, definitely won't.

Larry Hogan is projected by Larry Sabato to win the contested convention, though his horrible relations with every other candidate may prove him wrong. Mark Cuban has much better relations with everyone, though only time will tell...

Kanye West Announces Running Mate

Kanye West has announced that his running mate is Rep. Francis Underwood (D-SC) actor Kevin Spacey. The duo are currently pulling 0.9% nationwide.

2020 Conventions

Democratic:

President Clinton is renominated, as is Vice President Castro.

Republican:

Contested, AGAIN.

First Round:

Hogan: 709

Cuban: 532

Abbott: 447

Sasse: 402

Cruz: 162

Baker: 123

Cotton: 96

Round 2: Cotton Eliminated, Endorses Abbott

Hogan: 709