Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vcczar

Presidential Card Game

32 posts in this topic

I've come up with an idea for a pretty cool presidential card game. It will probably go through many version, if I even finish it. Here's the rough draft of what one of the cards might look like. I made it just before teaching class:

WashingtonCard.jpg

Looks pretty interesting.  I would buy something like that if it were available.

Here's the John Adams card (I'll fix the typos)

AdamsJCard.jpg

That's awesome! This would be so much better than the other card games children tend to play nowadays. And if an education company made such cards of world politicians, children at school could finally have talks like - A: Oh who did you get? B: I've got Tanigaki twice, it's the former Minister of Justice of Japan A: Oh cool, can we swap? I've got Paul Ryan twice. B: Sure!

I would love that.

11 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

That's awesome! This would be so much better than the other card games children tend to play nowadays. And if an education company made such cards of world politicians, children at school could finally have talks like - A: Oh who did you get? B: I've got Tanigaki twice, it's the former Minister of Justice of Japan A: Oh cool, can we swap? I've got Paul Ryan twice. B: Sure!

I would love that.

I don't think I know as much about random world leaders as I do about even the most obscure presidents. I think I'll stick to president. I may later add historical events, major politicians, states, etc. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I don't think I know as much about random world leaders as I do about even the most obscure presidents. I think I'll stick to president. I may later add historical events, major politicians, states, etc. 

I could help with the other world leaders if you wanted to expand it. Of course, I'd want maker's dibs on Otto von Bismarck, Napoleon Bonaparte, and William Gladstone in that case... :P

52 minutes ago, Patine said:

I could help with the other world leaders if you wanted to expand it. Of course, I'd want maker's dibs on Otto von Bismarck, Napoleon Bonaparte, and William Gladstone in that case... :P

I think how I'd want to do it is if all the leaders were from 1789-present to go along with the American timeline. However, I'm not quite sure how to implement the game it include other countries, since the rules as I have them, and expect them to be, are very American-centric. By adding other nations, it changes the focus almost exclusively to foreign policy. That might have to be another game, or an extension of this game. 

It would be cool to have an 6 player foreign policy card game, which includes only the major players--who are also major powers--in American foreign policy history:

1. America (all of the presidents)

2. UK (George III, Pitt Jr, Disraeli, Gladstone, Lloyd George, Churchill, Thatcher, Blair, etc. would be possibilities)

3. France (would include Louis XVI, Napoleon, Robespierre, Clemenceau, Petain, de Gaulle, Sarkozy, etc.)

4. Germany (would include only the Prussians at the beginning, with Bismarck, and also include Hitler, Merkel, etc.)

5. Russia (would include all the Czars over the period, Lenin, Stalin, Khruschev, Gorby, Yeltsin, Putin, etc.)

6. China (would include leaders Mao Zedong, Sun Yat-Sen, Deng Xiaopeng, etc.)

Relatively minor powers (although, no less great countries) that are also major players, such as Japan, Saudi Arabia, Israel, India, Canada and Mexico, would be special cards that can enhance one of the major players. 

With this in mind, I'm going to continue to make my president card game as I currently envision it. If I take any part in adding international cards, then they'll have to be made within the possibilities of how my cards have already been created. I plan to make US historical event cards, politicians, etc. 

The card game has 5 rounds, or 5 rounds of crises, which you have to hope you have the right kind of president in the right hand. I'll detail all the rules once I post all the cards. I've already written everything out, it's just making the cards that takes time. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I think how I'd want to do it is if all the leaders were from 1789-present to go along with the American timeline. However, I'm not quite sure how to implement the game it include other countries, since the rules as I have them, and expect them to be, are very American-centric. By adding other nations, it changes the focus almost exclusively to foreign policy. That might have to be another game, or an extension of this game. 

It would be cool to have an 6 player foreign policy card game, which includes only the major players--who are also major powers--in American foreign policy history:

1. America (all of the presidents)

2. UK (George III, Pitt Jr, Disraeli, Gladstone, Lloyd George, Churchill, Thatcher, Blair, etc. would be possibilities)

3. France (would include Louis XVI, Napoleon, Robespierre, Clemenceau, Petain, de Gaulle, Sarkozy, etc.)

4. Germany (would include only the Prussians at the beginning, with Bismarck, and also include Hitler, Merkel, etc.)

5. Russia (would include all the Czars over the period, Lenin, Stalin, Khruschev, Gorby, Yeltsin, Putin, etc.)

6. China (would include leaders Mao Zedong, Sun Yat-Sen, Deng Xiaopeng, etc.)

Relatively minor powers (although, no less great countries) that are also major players, such as Japan, Saudi Arabia, Israel, India, Canada and Mexico, would be special cards that can enhance one of the major players. 

With this in mind, I'm going to continue to make my president card game as I currently envision it. If I take any part in adding international cards, then they'll have to be made within the possibilities of how my cards have already been created. I plan to make US historical event cards, politicians, etc. 

The card game has 5 rounds, or 5 rounds of crises, which you have to hope you have the right kind of president in the right hand. I'll detail all the rules once I post all the cards. I've already written everything out, it's just making the cards that takes time. 

Well, a quick correction on the first British leader. Despite the US admonishment in their Declaration of Independence being directed against George III specifically, he didn't have the power (and certainly not authoritarian power) attributed to him by the Continental Congress. Lord North, the British Prime Minister since 1767, legislated the Intolerable Acts and prosecuted the war against the American Colonists, and, after his government fell in a vote of no confidence in 1780, the Marquess of Rockingham became Prime Minister, who had been from the start much more sympathetic to the grievances of the colonies and had desired from the start (when he had been the Leader of the Opposition in the British Parliament) to negotiable an amicable solution to affairs that would have been beneficial to all. He began the process of negotiating a peace that became the Treaty of Paris of 1783.

Also, you'd have to include back to the late 18th Century you should include the Qianlong Emperor and Jiaqing Emperor, the last two great Qing Emperors before the deterioration of the Empire starting the Boxer Rebellion and the First Opium War, Empress Dowager Cixi, the regent to the last three Qing Emperors and the last source of law, order, and stability in the Empire, as well as Yuan Shikai and Chiang Kai-shek along with Sun Yat-sen as post-Imperial, pre-Communist leaders.

Here's Jefferson's card:

JeffersonCard.jpg

And here's the James Madison card:

MadisonCard.jpg

Monroe's card: 

MonroeCard.jpg

Here's JQ Adams. I'll take a break from making these for tonight. I'll fix the typo eventually:

AdamsJQcard.jpg

Here's Andrew Jackson:

JacksonCard.jpg

Here's Van Buren:

VanBurenCard.jpg

WH Harrison card. From now on I'll post the card after each presidential poll that I do:

HarrisonWHCard.jpg

John Tyler: 

TylerCard.jpg

James K. Polk:

PolkCard.jpg

Zachary Taylor's card: 

TaylorCard.jpg

Here's Fillmore:

FillmoreCard.jpg

PierceCard.jpg

Does this mean the Pierce poll is coming soon @vcczar?

8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Does this mean the Pierce poll is coming soon @vcczar?

Yeah

James Buchanan's card: 

BuchananCard.jpg

Abraham Lincoln's card: 

LincolnCard.jpg