QuickHead555

What would your ideal 'Be President' Game be?

76 posts in this topic

With the possibility of Anthony and 270soft working on a new president game, I was wondering what your ideal game be.

I'd love one where you choose the cabinet, and try to court the Senate into approving them. Also try to establish a foreign policy by meeting with the G-20 leaders or EU. Meet with intelligence officials to decide how to combat terrorism. In the meantime meet with party official- congressman or governor- in tryinh to pass legislation.

I love Domestic Policy so something with a detailed way of Congressional Bill approval dynamics.

Honestly, I will probably adore the game as long as it is complex. However, a relatively small feature I would like included would be real consequences of your cabinet choice, as well as your support being strengthened/weakened among certain groups due to your picks. 

For example, let's say that I have elected Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren to the White House. We obviously have an incredibly progressive ticket, and I appoint Tulsi Gabbard to secretary of state. This would perhaps make populists view me more favorably, but progressives and establishment Democrats might not be as receptive. If I picked Rand Paul, there would be a good deal of the party questioning me :P 

If it was not obvious, senate objections would need to be included, including showing the player the final vote on each appointment. They could even be rejected, if appalling. 

@CalebsParadox

I agree, as long as complex I'm sure it'll be great! Those are good points as well.

On 12/22/2016 at 9:43 PM, CalebsParadox said:

Honestly, I will probably adore the game as long as it is complex. However, a relatively small feature I would like included would be real consequences of your cabinet choice, as well as your support being strengthened/weakened among certain groups due to your picks. 

For example, let's say that I have elected Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren to the White House. We obviously have an incredibly progressive ticket, and I appoint Tulsi Gabbard to secretary of state. This would perhaps make populists view me more favorably, but progressives and establishment Democrats might not be as receptive. If I picked Rand Paul, there would be a good deal of the party questioning me :P 

If it was not obvious, senate objections would need to be included, including showing the player the final vote on each appointment. They could even be rejected, if appalling. 

or what if you pick trump a trump sander ticket now that something!

Maybe you could have some favorability ratings with important people in your party, not your cabinet, but say, your senate leader, your house leader, the whip, etc and this makes it easier to get things passed.

US Politician Infinity

Play the political career of one citizen.  Rise in positions from city to state to national government; the Presidency being the ultimate prize.

Your character, political locality, and events/issues will be randomly generated or set a customized start.

18 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

US Politician Infinity

Play the political career of one citizen.  Rise in positions from city to state to national government; the Presidency being the ultimate prize.

Your character, political locality, and events/issues will be randomly generated or set a customized start.

I like this idea. Especially if you could have a randomized or customized background. For instance, attempting to become a major politician as someone that did not go to any ivy league school, and has never made more than $45,000 a year. 

16 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I like this idea. Especially if you could have a randomized or customized background. For instance, attempting to become a major politician as someone that did not go to any ivy league school, and has never made more than $45,000 a year.

Like Abraham Lincoln (who read law in rural Kentucky and was never rich at all in his life, apparently).

I guess we could go the Crusader Kings route, and each trait of your character can either add or subtract to your age. 

11 hours ago, Patine said:

Like Abraham Lincoln (who read law in rural Kentucky and was never rich at all in his life, apparently).

Lincoln actually didn't spend much time in Kentucky.  His family moved to Indiana and eventually to Springfield, Illinois which is where he made his career.

On 12/22/2016 at 6:24 PM, Reagan04 said:

I love Domestic Policy so something with a detailed way of Congressional Bill approval dynamics.

Yes this could be nice

On 12/24/2016 at 9:52 PM, Jayavarman said:

US Politician Infinity

On 12/24/2016 at 10:09 PM, vcczar said:

Someone just today created a game like this.  I am now running for Governor in Michigan.  Please do not move there and run against me. :D

http://oppressive.games/power/map.php

1 hour ago, Jayavarman said:

Someone just today created a game like this.  I am now running for Governor in Michigan.  Please do not move there and run against me. :D

http://oppressive.games/power/map.php

I won't I'm running to be Alabama's next Senator!

@Jayavarman

Are you Charlie Chan?

17 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@Jayavarman

Are you Charlie Chan?

Yes.  I am currently the most influential politician in Michigan by 1% and run unopposed for Governor:  http://oppressive.games/power/state.php?state=MI

Unfortunately, it looks like Michigan's two Senate seats will go Democratic this week along with control of the national chamber:  http://oppressive.games/power/senate.php

Our national party chairman really needs to get active and distribute the $1 million+ in funds he has down ballot so that us Republican candidates running for Governor and Senator spend our time on ads and rallies instead of fundraising:  http://oppressive.games/power/party.php?party=2

Just now, Jayavarman said:

Yes.  I am currently the most influential politician in Michigan by 1% and run unopposed for Governor:  http://oppressive.games/power/state.php?state=MI

Unfortunately, it looks like Michigan's two Senate seats will go Democratic this week along with control of the national chamber:  http://oppressive.games/power/senate.php

Our national party chairman really needs to get active and distribute the $1 million+ in funds he has down ballot so that us Republican candidates running for Governor and Senator spend our time on ads and rallies instead of fundraising:  http://oppressive.games/power/party.php?party=2

Oh, I'm in the discord right now, the Party is in great disarray, are you a member of it? 

16 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Oh, I'm in the discord right now, the Party is in great disarray, are you a member of it? 

Yes.  Ted Cruz just sent me $10,000 though, so I am somewhat quieted.  But that's less than 1% of his loot, and I need more.  ;)

On 12/25/2016 at 7:02 AM, jvikings1 said:

Lincoln actually didn't spend much time in Kentucky.  His family moved to Indiana and eventually to Springfield, Illinois which is where he made his career.

Correct

@Jayavarman

It really has gone to Hell, hasn't it? What do you think the chances of a reset are?

I've jumped into the game linked earlier, it seems interesting! 

1 hour ago, QuickHead555 said:

Yes, but it seems that somebody hacked it and it is being rolled back tomorrow.

1 hour ago, CalebsParadox said:

I've jumped into the game linked earlier, it seems interesting! 

Yes, It was @Zach , but it will be fized and cleanly reset tomorrow