MattyN

Feature You'd Most Like to See

808 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Bjornhattan said:

Definitely. Or at least have the contested conventions feel less like a lottery.

I have several fictional scenarios which usually feature three or four factions in each of the two big parties. The primary results come in, and often one of these factions will get 45% for instance. Yet the first leader to be eliminated gives delegates to another small leader who goes above one of those factions, and said small independent candidate ends up on 55% of delegates after winning just 5% originally. The fact I usually have PR primaries with no floor may make the system more unstable but it should still be a bit predictable.

I agree. This type of mechanic (or an expansion or development upon it) would be VERY useful for U.S. Elections between the 1840's and 1960's, really, when the Convention actually had MORE power in the nomination than the primaries and caucuses, and wheeling and dealing, "smoke-filled room" scenarios, and Dark Horse candidates all being possible in certain scenarios.

In PMI, I would like to be able to scroll through constituencies like you used to in the old election nights, as to me it appears that that has been removed.

@Wiw

Feedback noted, but a P4E -> PI or PM4E -> PMI converter would be very difficult. It's not currently on the horizon as a feature to add.

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

@Wiw

Feedback noted, but a P4E -> PI or PM4E -> PMI converter would be very difficult. It's not currently on the horizon as a feature to add.

If I made one for you would you consider releasing it since I'm thinking about making one so I can play all those old scenarios.

On 20/06/2017 at 3:00 AM, admin_270 said:

@lok1999

You mean being able to scroll through detailed constituency-by-constituency results without returning to a list?

Yes.

When demographic blocs does come out for PMI, then my most ambitious PMI project that still uses the FPTP system could actually realistically work - the Lok Sabha of India!