MattyN

Feature You'd Most Like to See

718 posts in this topic

Name the new game feature idea you've had or seen that you'd most like to see adopted into the game here.

Or, name your top 5.

and maybe more than poll to force the player to choose which poll he believes and make some polls more accurate in certain states

also i think that pay 1cp to get a poll that is 100% accurate feature should be removed since in real life u can never get a poll that is 100% accurate

Recount

Network Play

Unlimited parties

Game + Re-election feature (After the election, you get be President for a while, make decisions on current events, then see if you can get re-elected.)

I've got a handful...

- DEBATES!

- Multiple balloting systems within the same package. (Right now, if you want IRV, you need the Australian one, if you want Ridings, you want the Canadian one, etc. If they could umbrella these, it would make it much easier.)

- More than 4 parties

- More than 4 colours

- Voter Turnout as a factor... If more Democrats than Republicans get to the polls, etc.

- Along with voter turnout, Get Out The Vote operations

- Block Voting... National groups that are influenced as a group, but distributed among several regions in varying levels ("The Black Vote", "The Gay Vote", "The Chartered Public Accountant Vote", etc.) and almost always vote with their block regardless of what region they're in.

Just a quick few:

More colors

Campaign theme should be in the candidate editor part

maybe some sort of scenario maker program, that sure would be conveinient, sorta like candidate editor

maybe more secific scandals? not a biggie

i remember having a good one but forgetting it... :rolleyes:

Recount

Network

Terror Alert Level

More Partys

Elections Be President then do re election

I'd like a "Test" setting, where you could run a scenario with only the computer playing every role. It'd be neat to use to test out to see how a scenario runs and with ALL the players are at the same expertise level.

Recounts

Party leaving

Custom speeches

Voter turnout Records

Brake down of the vote:

race

Number one issue

How many voted

i don't see the point of party leaving and it's very rare when it does happen but all the other stuff would be great (especially the vote breakdown)

I almost forgot, changing the outcome of a close election, have it were the party that control the congress picks the president, have some surpise endding.

most like?

external events that had issue postion - momentum bonuses/losses

Press Releases, maybe

someway to make certain issues truly dominate the campaign - like in 1968, I've seen the Vietnam War turn yellow before, and that should not happen

such like

sorry about the bad english I was in a hurry, I mean have it were it in close elections the persons whose party control the Congress does not always win. How about Congress demand a runoff election if it is more then two people with 30% or more.

One thing I feel would be useful in the game would be a way for the VP candidate to attack the opponent/Opposing VP candidate. In reality (or so the media often portrays) the VP candidate is the one who throws insults at the opponent, while the President can (almost as if he disagrees with his VP) remain polite but hard hitting. Currently it appears that only the President can be negative.

Boris

sorry about the bad english I was in a hurry, I mean have it were it in close elections the persons whose party control the Congress does not always win. How about Congress demand a runoff election if it is more then two people with 30% or more.

Unrealistic, but would be a good option (like dynamism or fog of war...)

that would be cool daniel. like if the precincts only start coming in at the time and you can see like a bar graph going up until theyre sure you won or all the votes are counted, very advanced tho

That actually wouldn't be too bad...

States/ridings/whatever with high populations and close polling numbers might be delayed for recounts, which would definetly add to the suspense when Florida and Ohio roll around.

Yeah, the too-close-to-call states could be delayed and then announced at some later random time during election night. It would due much to increase the suspence.

The whole precint and "swing states" idea is REALLY cool! I'd like to see an option page for corruption. Along with moles in the opponents camp, things like slanderers, and even assassins (but all of these options holding a major cost and a high backfire rate, with a subsiquent scandel if discovered)

i say the states should be colored green if they are too close to call after election day and then candidates can use remaining money for legal challenges to win the state